We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Beginners Setup to PC Gaming

Bails1996

Likes # 0

Hey, I really want to get into PC gaming (usually play xbox, ps3 all that stuff). Lately had a massive turn to wanting to get involved in the PC community but honestly have no idea how to get started. I am just wondering what you guys suggest would be a good starting setup with upgradable options in the future. I have a budget of about $800/$1000 (Australian) of what I want. Thats excluding monitors and speakers.

Cheers

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Are you looking for advise on gaming PC's sold in Australia? Which might be tricky.

Also does your budget include operating system, keyboard and mouse and monitor?

Like this post
Bails1996

Likes # 0

In Australia please but I don't mind buying overseas and having it posted here. Operating, keyboard and mouse yes. no to monitor

Like this post
Bails1996

Likes # 0

In Australia please but I don't mind buying overseas and having it posted here. Operating, keyboard and mouse yes. no to monitor

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

OK, unfortunately 1000 AUD equates to around £610 which is not a lot to spend on a gaming PC.

It also depends on the type of games you prefer, the modern day FPS's ETC require a decent graphics card to be able to play them and a decent GPU is an expensive component in itself.

Delivery charges will also be very expensive so I would suggest looking for a PC in your country then posting a link here and we can give you our opinion.

If you could provide a link to Australian PC sellers that would be useful as we can have a look and suggest a PC for you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more