We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe Air & Shockwave ~ Can my PC function without them?

wee eddie
Resolved

Likes # 0

I know that I need Flash, but can I do without the other two?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Never having been sure of what Adobe Air does, I eventually found info on computer.howstuffworks.com/adobe-air so if you read through that, you will know as much as I do..

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have had a number of problems with Abode Air, but apparently some programmes will not run without it, or at least that is what some pop-up messages seem to constantly remind me.

As to Shockwave, I am not to sure. Again I seem to have messages recently that Shockwave or the lack of, is causing a problem. Perhaps more so when I use Google Chrome on the PCA website?.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Neither has ever been allowed to remain on my PC and nothing has ever failed to run.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I think Pine Man has provided the answer. Uninstall them and see what, if any, difference it makes to use of pc.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Lotvic & Pine Man: - That is what I planned to do, but wondered whether the "Hive Mind" could answer the question before some site started bothering me.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

But how do you remove Abode Air, when you get certain programmes that say you need IT ?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Well I guess it depends on what programs you use on your pc. The iPlayer desktop app is built using the Adobe Air software framework, which makes use of Adobe Flash and there were problems with an update last Feb. "Adobe Break the BBC iPlayer" click here

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded