We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Liteon HDD digital recorder

Nenad

Likes # 0

I am having frequent problems in trying to transfer recorded material onto blank discs. The recorder refuses to read and prepare any discs, any make, any speed. I have tried to clean it of any dust on the lens but am now stuck. Is it worth while to repair? Is there anything that I can try to kick start it? I'm thinking of replacing it and, if so, do some HDD recorders off a USB connection to transfer recorded material to, say an external hard drive and could this then be used to burn discs on my PC? Alternatively do some HDD recorders off WiFi to do the same more easily? Also how can I get the recorded programmes off the Liteon. Liteon support is hopeless but maybe someon on this forum has good contact details? Am I an optimist as it seems from various forums many people have had similar problems with Liteon recorders and with Liteon. Any help would be much appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...