We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unwanted adverts on hotmail account

westgolf

Likes # 0

My Hotmail account has lost a quarter of the top of the Inbox page to an advert that says;Codecs are required for this program & there is an option to download - which seems very suspicious ? Can anyone please advise how I can remove the unwanted advert.The advert also appears on my Hotmail Calendar page & prevents me from seeing a full month. I dont want to download & get problems ! Many Thanks.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If your OS is XP (for instance) Google for Latest XP Codecs, then download and install from any site you choose. The messages should then stop. - same applies for whatever OS you have.

Everybody needs up-to-date Codecs.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Nontek beat me to it.

At present I seem to get annoying messages about Shockwave anf kill page :O)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Took three+ minutes to download that response?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Don't know what happened above, I posted that response some time ago, at about 1.08PM?.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Maybe the Friday Gremlins have moved to mid-week LOL ...

Like this post
westgolf

Likes # 0

Thanks for the info.OS is Vista.I have downloaded the Codecs updates as described but it hasn't changed anything.Any further ideas please ?

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

Download install ADWCleaner click here and read the running instructions on the download page.

This is what worked for me with the same problem.

Like this post
westgolf

Likes # 0

Sorted now & well pleased,Thanks for the ADW cleaner.Brilliant !

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015