We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I get music file from hotmail (on ipad) to my ipad's music folder?

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Question says it all. Someone emailed me a song (m4a) that I need to put into the music folder in iPad. It is an attachment and I can play it directly from the email message, but how do I move that file elsewhere, eg to the Music folder?

Im using Hotmail (Outlook).

Honestly I think I am sorry for buying an iPhone 5 and an iPad. Why cant things be simple!

thanks

h

Like this post
TV-Repairman

Likes # 0

At the top right of the screen can you see a folder icon with an arrow pointing out of it? Tap that and select the App that you want to play the music.

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Within the email? OK I'll try it later. Ideally Id like to put it into the library but we'll see.

thanks

h

Like this post
TV-Repairman

Likes # 0

Failing that, forward the email attachment to your computer then load the music file into iTunes and upload to your iPad from there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED