We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is this a good gaming pc setup for a beginner?

playa007

Likes # 0

Is this a good pc setup? I would like to play Black ops and Crysis and first person shooter games. Also how do you know if all the parts will fit in the tower and still have room?

NZXT Guardian Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Case 921RB-RL.

Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Avexir Budget Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory( 2 sticks)

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2GB Video Card

Cooler Master i700 700W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

Pioneer BDC-207DBK Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer

Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

OK your case NZXT Guardian Black will take an ATX sized motherboard, you have chosen a M-ATX motherboard, the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, a M-ATX is smaller than an ATX motherboard. Compare. This will mean that as your case has a window you are going to notice how small your components look in this big case. So you do not have to worry about not having enough room.

You do not mention budget but I would be looking to getting a minimum of a GTX 660 for gaming though the 650 it will not,perhaps do so well with future games. Have a look here at how these two GPU's compare.

As for your choice of RAM, I have not come across this brand in this country and are you buying 16GB? As this is a waste of cash as 8GB will be more than enough.

You could possibly save a few quid by dropping the wattage of your PSU to 660W which is more than enough for your components.

Are you buying in this country? I get the impression from one of two of your component choices that you may not be in the UK

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data