We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need help asap

Shayla2267

Likes # 0

Okay so, I bought and installed "Cradle Of Rome" and played for a long time! Then suddenly it stopped working and this message pops up when i try to open it " FATAL ERROR GetNumBytes failed due to MapAndLoad. The system cannot find the file specified." And I am not sure how to fix it, Please help!

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Strangely, this same enquiry appeared here.... It doesn't look like it was resolved, though. Have you made any changes to your system? That seems to be a theme when I Google it. The consensus seems to be to re-download/reinstall the game.

Like this post
Shayla2267

Likes # 0

I would reinstall the game, but i do not have the activation code anymore, and i worry that i wont be able to play it.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Looks like you might have the wrong operating system, regarding the fatal error?. click here operating system are you using, and what operating system as the game specified?.

What

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The 'click here' seems to have bounced the 'What' to the bottom of my response :O(

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

spuds: I don't think that's it - the OP says it was working one day, then it wasn't. You'd think he/she might have noticed if they'd installed a new OS... :-

Shayla2267: can you not get back on to the vendor and explain your problem? They may be happy to give you a new activation code, especially if you still have some of the original order documentation.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

IiN - I wonder if he/she as perhaps tried a registry repair, as mentioned in the link?.

Shayla2267 - Provide us with more information. Operating system - Did the programme worked fine previously - Have you tried to do any repairs etc.

(I don't know if this is effecting anyone else, but I seem to have a 'voice over' my loudspeaker system?)

Like this post
Shayla2267

Likes # 0

I do not have some of the original order documentation still. And Yes the game did work previously. It just recently stopped working. I have Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium. I'm not really good with computers, so no i havent tryed any repairs because im worried i will do something wrong. i have done all updates needed recently though.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Do you have CCleaner download on the computer, if so, run a registry check, and see what that finds.

You can get the free version of CCleaner from click here or click here or click here

Like this post
Shayla2267

Likes # 0

I have it, but when i opened it it gave me the option to download a newer version, should i?

Like this post
Shayla2267

Likes # 0

Okay i did the scan, and theres like a whole bunch of problems listed. Theres an option that says "Fix selected issues" then when i click it, a window pops up saying " Do you want to backup changes to the registry?"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone