We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Brightness buttons dont work on laptop

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, and though I rarely need to use them, I find that holding the blue Fn button and pressing the "brightness +" button (F6) doesnt have any effect on the screen. Sometimes I need to brighten it a litle bit on sunny days (rare things) like today!

In general to find out how to brighten the screen is a very long winded process in Help! Remember the good old days when we had a brightness and contrast button, no menus, just turn it!!!!

thanks

h

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You may be missing the Original Utilities Pack which you obtain from Sony Support site enter link description here

BUT first take a look here enter link description here and scroll down to see instructions from katiepikapoka

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more