We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

"Oops Exception Encountered" error message on PC Advisor email

Al Davies

Likes # 0

Hifolks,

This morning, after installing Adblockplus all was fine for a time but when I clicked on the links in the email from PC Advisor, I had an error message which said:

"Oops Exception Encounter. Error Type: Template N/A. Tag handler does not have a setter for the attribute "specified in the Tag Library description"

This happened on all the links in the PC Advisor mail and when I put the message in Google to check what it was, all the links that I clicked there resulted in the same message.

I am using the latest version of Firefox.

Anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 1

There were problems with PCA this morning but all sorted now.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not just this morning, but over the weekend.

The site was down for possible maintenance this morning, but I have just received an 'Exception Encountered' while using My Post button, and a bit of slowness on page loading. Other than that,its okay.

Like this post
Al Davies

Likes # 0

Thanks folks,

Seems OK at present though I wonder why I got the same message when I put the error message into Google.

I clicked on the various links Google found and got the error message on each one.

Spuds: Did you see the error on any other pages or just with PCA?

Thanks for your responses.

BTW, I didn't see and notification from the site that my query had been dealt with though I had asked for email notification.

Cheers

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Al Davies - Its just on the PCA website.

Reference to your other comments. Usually its a case of looking at other forum member's responses or comments for information. If you look in your usual email box you should see that you have received three responses to your question so far. To close this post, click on the arrow at the side of the page, it should turn green, and a resolved tick will appears at the top of the post.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Tips for selling on eBay: auction tactics to get the best price for second-hand products