We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Logitech products and computer sleep

Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

Is there any way to stop Logitech keyboards and mice using a unifying receiver from randomly waking my PC? I realise there is the option to switch of the 'allow this device to wake the computer' for all instances of the keyboard and mouse appearing in control panel (as well as the network card), but this sort of defeats the object as I would have to reach to the slightly inaccessible computer to wake from the power button.

Using Windows 8 64.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Hi Peter - had a brief read of this but it doesn't appear possible.enter link description here But have a read through it -you may just find something.

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

I've had a good read through that, and most of it unfortunately looks all too familiar, particularly Logitech's seeming lack of desire to take any responsibility.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There's nothing straightforward with computers Peter.

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

I'm thinking of replacing the keyboard/mouse with a different one. Anyone know a combination that definitely does not wake the computer in this way?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I am doubtful that you will find one Peter as they pretty much all work the same way. Someone may know otherwise and correct me. Good luck.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger