We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Copy and paste not working in IE 10

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have W7, IE10. In IE 10 copy and paste is not working, although it was yesterday. I ran sfc/scannow, still did not work. It does, however, work in Chrome.Can anyone suggest a fix as I prefer IE 10 as all my favorites etc are there.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I seem to remember something about Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, but cannot recall what it was...

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You can make sure it is ticked by right clicking the task bar and choosing properties.

Now I am not sure what you tick on when you get in there it might be menu but you have to make sure copy and paste is ticked.

Sometimes a reboot fixes it.On my iPad at the moment so cannot explain it any better.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I gnore right clicking the Taskbar I seem to have got that wrong.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

System restore to yesterday has fixed it - do not know why! Also Speckie was not working - now it is so something happened! A mystery...

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It has happened to me before and a reboot fixed it.

Glad you got it sorted.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I seem to recall that there was an issue with Skype Click to Call that causes the Copy & Paste function to not function, but think that was to do with Office not Internet Explorer.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

lotvic

I do not have Skype on the desktop. Whatever it was, the system restore fixed it. Curious that it stopped Speckie and copy / Paste in IE10 but not in Chrome. One of life's little mysteries. BTW before the system restore I tried normal restart and sfc/ scannow.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more