We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Op System and Data Transfer

Sea Urchin
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have always understood that it is not really possible to transfer ALL information on your computer to a new upgraded machine. However, this Serif product claims that it can do it.

PC Mover

I would be extremely grateful for any comments or information from Forum members as to the likelihood of this product working. With many thanks.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Forgot to tick subscribe box

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Paragon professional 12 states it can transfer the OS to a new machine. That's fine for 7 and up as it's an online process for drivers.

Serif is no slouch company but do they mean transferring 'installed' programs to a new PC, which has a new OS,and these programs can run? Or do they mean transferring all your documents? For a tenner try it out and let us know, please.....

Like this post  
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Good morning rdave13

Yes, they claim in accompanying literature that any op sys from XP onwards can be transferred to any other, and that installed programs can be run on the new machine immediately. I do have some doubts on that score!

However, as you say, for a tenner it's worth a tryout - so I think I'll get one. It will be a month or two before I can put it into practice, but I will certainly report back.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made