We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop Power interference with internet access

willy boy

Likes # 0

Yesterday after some 2 days searching for an internet fault I discovered that when my wife's 5 year Toshiba lap top was on main power/charging the internet either ran slow or could not be accessed, either wireless or on Ethernet cable. It connects and runs at a our normal speed, 1.3mbs. when the power is off. It also prevents my PC connecting to the net when the power supply is on and the Ethernet cable is connected to our shared D-Link TalkTalk router. My pc connects to the net at normal speed when the lap top is on battery power and connected either wireless or Ethernet.

I am hoping someone can advise me if it is likely to be the power supply unit, which was replaced about a year ago after the original failed, or if a short circuit and or battery failure is to blame. The laptop runs for about 2 hours when fully charged which has been about normal.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks