We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is it still possible to get free AGV?

kjrider

Likes # 0

I have been on the website, but just seem to get sent to where I need to pay for it. Any have a link to get the free version - if it is still free!

Thanks

KJR

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Yes - but, as you've noticed, they're both making it harder to find - and easier to 'accidentally' sign up for the paid-for version. That was one of the reasons I migrated to Avast, with which I've been very happy.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If its not important that you use AVG, then why not try Avast. Used that programme for ages on a number of computers with 100% results.

You can get it from click here or direct from click here

Like this post
kjrider

Likes # 0

Thanks onthelimit1 but that just sends me to a page to download a 'free' scan , etc, which I tried to get through before.

KJKR

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try here then. I used it a few months ago but can't remember where I downloaded it. It could have been from the C|Net site but not sure.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Could have been here. Just be wary of the installation process to untick any other 'programs' offered. If you get the choice during install select 'custom' every time. It's then you can untick the bumff that can come along for the ride.

1]: [click here

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you use the MajorGeek link I gave at 7.03PM, you can obtain the latest free version of AVG Free Edition 2013 build 13.0 (released 10/06/2013). Its a 138MB download.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I just tried downloading it from the link I gave you, and as long as you're careful which button you press, no problem.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Getting the free version of AVG is easy enough, you just need to look for it.

There's a download available if you click here

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

onthelimit1's link works fine - press the orange download link at the bottom of the column which leads to a download from CNET

Download AVG

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia