We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE wont open

Ex plorer
Resolved

Likes # 0

When clicking on the IE icon, IE opens for a few seconds blank then closes.

I am on my sons Laptop and as I dont use IE its becoming frustrating.

I have run AV and malware, all OK, I have tried a fix through MS and that didnt work. I also tried to download IE 10 as it has IE 9 installed on the laptop.

I cant do that as it says I have more recent version installed.

Tried a clean up with C cleaner

All other programs respond fine. OS Win7 64 bit. Its been like this for about a month.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

No restore points?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Internet options.Advanced and press reset.That will restore I/E to it's original state.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Thanks jock1e for that, however I did manage to fix it via another method before I saw your post.

I went to Program features, in controll panel Clicked on View insalled updates.

Scrolled down to Microsoft Windows Section, right clicked on updates 213, and removed them, restarted the laptop. This didnnt fix the problem.

I removed further updates trying a restart after each removal 212, 211, and after removing update 210, all went well with IE.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...