We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Confused, unusual packet loss on one machine.

Chimpy7

Likes # 0

Hey,

Basically I'm getting pretty bad packet loss, anywhere between 5% and 25%, it only happens on my laptop not anyone elses, it only seems to start at around 5pm untill the next day when I can freely do what ever I want in the morning untill around 5pm again. I dont get packet loss when I plug in an ethernet cable but other machines using wireless don't get packet loss so im pretty sure it is not my router or ISP and is something on this machine involving my wireless adapter. In case of malware or viruses I did tons of scans to find nothing and eventually I reinstalled my windows 7 to make sure there was deffinately no malware/viruses. After reinstalling the drivers I found I still had the same issue, updated drivers made no difference. My wireless adapter is a Killer wireless-N 1102 Network Adapter

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a solution, sorry if I made any mistakes or have not explained enough as I am pretty tired, been up for a while trying to sort this problem out. Will answer any questions when I get on later on today.

,Chimpy7

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks