We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

On line banking- site rejection -sys restore not working

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

One of my flock banks on line with NatWest'

In recent days she reported to me the site althuogh coming to screen - rejects her attempts to log in. I advised her to carry out the usual checks- still nothing. Ithen suggested System restore.

This she has tried restore point by restore point back one month and the result was for each 'Restore incomplete' What is the next move please?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I hope she has telephoned her bank to explain the problem!

Also think she should run a full scan with MalwareBytes. If it finds and clears any nasties she could try signing in again.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

System restore would have been unlikely to help with this problem of logging. Which browser, and did she clear her internet cache? Did she use Inprivate?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I reported a similar situation regarding on-line banking, and being able to use the account, as I was able to do previously.

My bank Barclays seemed to favour Internet Explorer, over Firefox and Chrome. I was able to get into the website at Barclays, but not some of the security sections.

Suggest that your daughter tries different browsers, and see if one of them works better than others?.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Good guess Spuds- Daughterbshe is - though 'flock' can mean any number of my U3A group.

I shall go see her and try all other reccommendations Me an while will advise to contact bank

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Tell them to also check the time and date settings on their pc if it is wrong by anything more than a few hours https sites may not be available

Cheers HC

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

It might also be useful to clear the Cookies - Windows can do this, CCleaner is neater and swifter.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room