We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cant Get Into Fujistsu BIOS

Legslip

Likes # 0

I am trying to sort a PC but need to change some BIOS setting. Problem is I cant get into the BIOS.

It is a Fujitsu Esprimo P1500 and after pressing f2 at boot to get into the BIOS a Phoenix TrustedCore Setup Utility window appears asking for a password.

Anyone know the password or how to get round it? I have tried phoenix (read it is the backdoor pwd) but that is of no use.

Any assist would be appreciated.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat. No good I'm afraid. Still cannot get into the Bios. This PC is driving me nuts.

The main problem is that it is running Win 7 and regularly hangs during Windows boot. I have reset the Bios by removing the CMOS battery,I have replaced the CMOS battery, I have changed thePSU and replaced the RAM. All to no avail. Problem still occurs.

I have tried loadingWin 7 on another SATza HD but it will not load. Says it needs the disk drivers. Tried loading XP on the other drive and it goes into Blue Screen Of Death.

Running out of ideas!

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

As an addition, Fujitsu state that the bIOS password must have been set by a 3rd party. Fujitsu do not set passwords.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

is there a clear BIOS jumper on the motherboard you can use?

reset BIOS here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Also, clutching at straws, hold the power button for a few secs after removing the CMOS battery in case any capacitors are maintaining the settings.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit Bat as usual. It is a Fujitsu D2950 Mbd but I can't see the jumper. Will have a closer look.

OnTheLimt....... Will give it a try.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

Doesn't Appear to be a BIOS jumper anywhere. Seems strange.

Taking the CMOS battery out and leaving for a while does reset the BIOS but still can't access it due to the password interface.

It always seems to boot okay in safe mode And i have used MS config to use the basic settings for normal mode but the b..... thing still hangs on boot.

As stated earlier I have done a windows seven upgrade which I believe re-installs Windows but leaves files and programs in tact. Is there any value in doing a complete reformat?

Thanks for your assistance.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

manuals here put in serial no.

look in maunal may tell you where jumper is located.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

AT LAST!!!

I have removed the password entry into the Bios using a password cracker from CNET. I am still left with the a annoying Win 7 freezing during boot. As stated, I have replaced the PSU and have reloaded Win 7 onto the HD, but it still freezes. Any ideas as to the cause of the problem and with all previous Win versions, when reloading Windows there was always an option to format the HD. This doesn't appear in Win 7. Why.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...