We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Shopping cart software, open source or payed?

TheTechDoctor

Likes # 0

I need to evaluate which software a company should use for its shopping cart, I have to decide whether open source or payed is better, I don't just want my opinion, I want to see what the real world thinks, any help appreciated.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 1

It depends what the e-commerce software is for and the ability of the admin user.

Open source software has a lot of strong contenders, but it depends upon the complexity of the site and how much support is expected.

If you want instant support if things go wrong, expect to pay for it. If you have the ability to go onto the Internet and seek out a solution for yourself, then maybe open source could be good (and cheaper) for you.

Personally, I like Open Cart and have had considerable success with it. But there are many others, both free and paid for.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 1

Don't forget you will also have to get a 3rd party card handler like Sage Or eKashu.

Like this post
sridevikannan

Likes # 0

Hi, I suggest you to Try Zeuscart which is the best php open source shopping cart software with the most advanced features.

Like this post
jacobsamuels

Likes # 0

There are many open source software available which are free.But you want to use software for shopping cart for the company which I personally feel may become complicated in later stage especially in-case of e commerce. AGORA and many other software's free open source software for shopping cart. But I recommend you to have better one as the activities may become complex.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide