We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Crash freeze, BSD all the things Windoze is good at

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

They say only Windoze does this Macs Dont- can this be an urban myth?

My Android Tblet has it moment -entailing on two occasions having to re install the ICS system- This morning it had only a little trip up It rebotted but wanted me to re sync the E mail coonection.

So what sort of things bother Android?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This tool might be of use on Windows.

As to your question I not sure I would like Android on a desktop, ICS is fine for tablets but not much else. Touch wood I have not had to many problems with my Samsung Note 10.1 but I might root it shortly as I am not happy with all the rubbish that Samsung installs without the opportunity to remove it unless the thing is hacked.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Chronos 2 Android on desktop?

Should not thinkso

The Win link Ishall make a note of just in case one of my flock has a need.

I certainly wont have such a need as my desktop and lappies operate on flavours of Linux

My post was simply a musing of the various and their foibles

It is true that because of the 'open natuee of 'Droid'[it is anothor linux really] each manufacurer of tablet tailor it to their own version.

On the subject of rooting this software does the job

Live Syit- to gether vwith the img. file of the droid version you facy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...