We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please remember not to infringe copyright.

Forum Editor

Likes # 0

This is just a gentle reminder to those of you who provide help and advice here, in our forums.

When responding to requests for technical help please don't copy and paste chunks of text, or diagrams from other sites into your post. By doing so you may infringe the copyright, and this could have an adverse effect on our forum and our business in general.

We appreciate the way that many of you freely offer the benefit of your knowledge and experience to others, and we're sure we can rely on you to cooperate with us with regard to copyright issues. The best way is to post a link to the content you want to use in your response.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have to admit I have done that quite often as it was quicker.

I assume that you mean posting the full web address is the proper way of doing it.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Whoops sorry!!!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Jock1e

Yes, post a hyperlink. If you don't know how to do that (the explanation is in the forum rules link at the top of this page) you can just post the full url.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

*Fruit Bat /\0/*

You don't need to apologise - it could have happened to anyone.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Ooops and whoopsie ... it happened to me just now, sorry didn't remember until after I had posted. Followed up with URL link!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?