We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

MS Office 2013 and 365

Dragonfly2

Likes # 0

We're about to upgrade from XP and Office 2002 to Windows 8 (or hopefully 8.1) and MS Office Home & Business 2013 plus Publisher.

My queries are about the 365 edition of Office (which I know includes Publisher). I've done a lot of research, and read glowing information and reviews about Office 2013, and the 365 subscription edition. But everything I've read doesn't answer a couple of simple points. What I really need please, and can't find, is to get some advice from people who have used this.

My questions are these - can anyone advise me please.

1 - Have you got to be connected to the internet to use Office 365 - what happens if I want to type a document in Publisher (or possibly Word), and we can't connect to the internet?

2 - Can I save all the documents on our computer - or has it got to be on Sky Drive?

3 - I'm a fast typist, and expect to see instant results on the screen as I type. If I'm working online, and not with a particularly fast internet connection, how will I get on? Even typing this question into the box on PC Advisor Website, there's a short delay.

Any advice and comments would be really welcome, please. I'm surprised that I haven't seen much about Office 2013 and 365 so far, except for sales talk and reviews.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

1) No

2) yes

3 yes if your working offline - depends if your working mobile

see and See1 having seen the reviews I would have to think carefully about it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July