We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hotmail Outlook Update Is a Failure

Rocketeer

Likes # 0

Am I the only one suffering from this. Hotmail was working perfectly fine until it was updated to Outlook. Now more often than not I can't get into my mail. The response from Microsoft is pathetic, the usual "oh the server must be under maintenance, try again later". Well if that is true, the maintenance programme has been going on for a good 6 months. All I want to do is receive and send email.

Why do these companies keep changing something that aint broke and does what it says on the tin??? Photobucket is another culprit.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I suppose it all comes down to what these companies call improvements, with the potential of increasing charges or making savings?.

The customer as to put up with, unless there is a problem, and they (the customer) complains loud enough and in volume?.

Have you taken it up direct with the companies involved?.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

It's a pathetic attempt to persuade you to give-up your Hotmail Address/s and re-register with an Outlook.com one!

A bit like what they're trying to do with FM/DAB Radio

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Outlook is working well for me with my Hotmail and Live addresses. As a matter of fact, if it wasn't for the new eye candy, I'd say it's just exactly the same as the old Hotmail.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I suppose it all comes down to what these companies call improvements"

Let's be clear about this. We're talking about a totally free email service here. The Hotmail service has suffered from tremendous abuse over the years, and it got to the stage where Microsoft decided to start anew with Outlook.com

I've been using Outlook.com since the day it was launched, and so far I haven't had a single problem with it. As far as I can recall we have seen very few complaints in the forum, either.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I have had no problems at all after the change. It works just as well as it did when Hotmail. Is OK on desktop, laptop and I Pad !

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

wee eddie

"It's a pathetic attempt to persuade you to give-up your Hotmail Address/s and re-register with an Outlook.com one!"

I invite you to tell me why on earth Microsoft would want to go to all the bother of setting up a new, free email service, just for the fun of persuading you to give up your Hotmail address. The company doesn't have to provide free email at all.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

FE: I agree with you. Why would they?

Now, I have been blessed with a nasty suspicious mind and still have not been able to work out where the profit is in it for M$ and conclude that, like Google and others, Information is the draw and that Outlook.com is set-up in a manner that makes the mining of information that little bit easier.

p.s. I have been having repeated problems with my Hotmail and MSN Accounts recently but, because they're free, have not yet started winching. However the problems seem to have sorted themselves in the last 24 hours.

Like this post
Rocketeer

Likes # 0

"The Hotmail service has suffered from tremendous abuse over the years"

it's funny this should be mentioned. I've used the old Hotmail for years and never had a single problem until the day it changed over to Outlook.

All I can say is it's a good thing I used a different email provider for my job applications otherwise I imagine I would still be out of work :(

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

I also have had no problems with Outlook.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad