We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

problem installing dropbox onto android tablet

chrissy1
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a samsung tablet and an android tablet and have same problem on both.

Downloaded dropbox from playstore.....Installation was going ok until it came to the bit where folder was downloading but it froze. After a while it said it couldnt connect to dropbox and to check I was connected to internet. I was connected to wireless internet and all my other apps emails browser working ok...Has anyone got a solution?

Like this post
chrissy1

Likes # 0

Finally managed to sort this problem out and got things working at last.

Now how do I mark this post as resolved??

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You should see a tick at the side of the posting. If you click on that, it should show the post as been resolved.

Could I ask how you found the solution and what you did. It might be of interest to the forum members?.

Like this post
chrissy1

Likes # 0

I had already downloaded dropbox to my laptop with no problems but different when it came to the two android tablets. At the point of downloading folder just wasnt doing anything. Uninstalled and reinstalled app on the tablets...same thing......Then I went into my music player where files are and clicked on icon in top right hand corner and clicked on share where i chose the dropbox option....ticked the tracks i wanted to put in dropbox and clicked the Share button. Small window came up..waited for the files to appear then clicked on add.From there transferred into music folder i created and they installed and transferred to laptop and other tablet. Better to share folders of music rather than single tracks though....

Cant see a tick mark to mark as resolved.

Like this post
chrissy1

Likes # 0

Found it thanks Spud

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......