We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New from Malwarebytes - Free Anti Exploitation Software

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi All

I've just installed a new programme called 'Malwarebytes-Anti-Exploit'. Be aware though this is a Beta, but although I usually shy away from beta software, I couldn't resist this one.

CLICK HERE and get yours...

"Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit BETA, formerly ExploitShield by ZeroVulnerabilityLabs, protects you from zero-day exploits targeting browser and application vulnerabilities. Its proprietary technology shields your browser and applications in that critical period between the release of a new exploit and its subsequent security patch. Easy to install and lightweight. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit BETA now and crush the most dangerous breed of malware attack.

Protects Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera browsers

Protects browser components, including Java, Adobe Reader, Flash, and Shockwave

Defends against drive-by download attacks

Shields vulnerable applications, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, Apple Quicktime, and VLC Player

Blocks unknown and common exploit kits, including Blackhole, Sakura, Phoenix, and Incognito

Is compatible with most common anti-malware and antivirus products

Doesn't use a signature database--no need for constant updating

MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit is a beta release."

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Doesent mention Windows 7,so will wait for others views.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like it covers all Windows according to this.

Click here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Thought I'd give it a go. Seems to be running OK on my W7 PC.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Being a Beta there will probably be the odd problem with it but worth a try I suppose.

Softpedia also gives the proper windows versions.

Softpedia

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

I'm also running 'Malwarebytes Chameleon' also free. If you aren't and you're interested in giving it a go, here's the link to the Malwarebytes site...CLICK HERE for CHAMELEON

What it does...

"Malwarebytes Chameleon technologies gets Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installed and running when blocked by malicious programs.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I am not being disrespectful but more of a curiosity issue. Can someone explain why it might be necessary to have all these add-on downloads, when they might be completely happy to just use one well known product in its basic form, which seems to work?.

A number of years ago, I use to download virtually everything that was available, but when compatibility issues started to rise, I removed everything, and just used SuperAntiSpyware only, which seems to do the job?.

Is there anything essential that I or others should perhaps know about these programmes and add-ons, as a safeguard?.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

spuds

Just a matter of interest do you have Acronis or similar that you use if you think that you have problems.

I don't think security programs are as bad nowadays they used to give you security alerts when you had quarantined things on different programs.

I have not seen anything like that for a few years now but no doubt some still do it.

Anything that stops nasties from downloading anything on to your computer can only be a good thing but like you say maybe we rely on to many.

The problem is once you have been infected you get a bit paranoid and download more security programs.

Personally I would rather have to many as not enough but I am full up at the moment and will not download any more unless a better one comes along which means I would remove one of those that I have already got installed.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi SPUDS

There's no arm twisting here my friend, just information. The final decision, as always is yours. But you can't make an informed judgement without having all the facts.

Let's face it, you had to know about 'SuperAntiSpyware' to use it. What if you hadn't stumbled across it and no-one had told you about it? You would either be up the creek without a paddle or just using something else.

Personally I don't think that any one programme is good enough on its own and I dont like software that says they do it all. So I choose to have a selection of programmes that are each dedicated to preventing just one thing. So, I use...

Spyware Terminator (in the background)

Malwarebytes against Malware (run on demand)

Avast against Virus's (in the background)

AwdCleaner against Adware (on demand)

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit etc (on demand)

They all play their part in protecting my PC and they don't step on each others toes or mine.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I use MSE antivirus and Malwarebytes and I cannot remember when I got a nasty. There are people that are paranoid and have all sorts of software hogging resources and not making the slightest difference.

Also I have noticed here that all to often someone posting a thread here, looking for help, is met with a barrage of it must be a virus ETC and scan using this that and the other bit of software. Yes I appreciate these things exist but come on guys if you are getting nasties on a regular basis and feel the need for a myriad of anti malware software, I would suggest you should perhaps you should look at what you are actually doing with or on your PC's.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Thanks guys for the follow up to my question.

As I said previously, it was a case of having to much with end bad results. It was a fact that I use to download virtually everything and anything, usually on the notice of postings. My computer kept crashing, with the end result I got the local school's IT consultant involved and he suggested removing most of the programmes I had installed, and only stick to a very small selection.

Anyway guys- thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014