We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

corrupt pst file

Rhondda Valleys

Likes # 0

Hi

I'm running MS Outlook 2007 on windows 7.

My problem is that my pst file is showing as being corrupted. I have run scanpst a couple of times and even though it reports as being repair I am still unable to open Outlook.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Do you have any backups of outlook.pst?

Like this post
Rhondda Valleys

Likes # 0

Yes I do. However, the main problem is thast the corrupted file is stopping outlook starting.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does Outlook open at all or does it just report a corrupt file?

2 things to try:

1. Reboot your computer.

2. Start Outlook in safe mode See MS Support

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Just re-read your posting, you don't have to open Outlook to replace the pst file.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

When replacing a .pst file. Make a Copy of the File you are going to use and use the Copy. Then, if anything goes wrong you still have the original file.

I am no expert ~ so wait until someone tells us whether this is right or not.

Delete the corrupted .pst file and then import the new .pst file

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The pst file should be in something like C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

You should be able to just replace it without importing it by opening Outlook. Keep a copy of both files before replacing to be on the safe side.

Like this post
johnmic

Likes # 0

If these emails is very important for you then there is no option to use third party software to repair outlook pst file. Many many companies offer outlook pst recovery software. Some of well known companies are

RecoveryFix for Outlook PST Repair

Kernel or Outlook PST Recovery

Stellar info

systool

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

johnmic - If you have a back up copy of your pst file and that is ok then there should be no need to pay to fix it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Why does pst failures bring out the spammers? Another one has just arrived.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , FE's away... lol

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED