We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My Toshiba Satellite C855 is stuck on Startup Screen

thecatspaw

Likes # 0

I have a Windows 8 Toshiba Satellite C855, my brother had closed it last night and when i opened it the screen said 'please wait' it does that so I turned it off and turned it back on. When it turned on it was at the Toshiba startup screen, it was stuck there. Nothing happened. I turned it off again and back on then the startup screen said 'automatic repair' and 'diagnosing your pc' and a restore point opened I clicked restore and it took me back to the startup screen. I left it off for the rest of the night, my mom turned it on this morning and it did the same thing except after 'diagnosing your pc' it said, 'repairing disk errors'. My mom turned it off and did a hard drive restore and it is still doing the same thing. I don't know what to do, I can get into BIOS but I don't know how to fix it.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You may not be leaving it long enough for it to do a repair, hence Disc errors

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...