We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

trackball explorer button configure problem

stevehelp@pca

Likes # 0

i have a trackball explorer 1.0 i just installed some windows updates which included a mouse update. since then i cannot find the buttons tab in the mouse settings folder to configure the four buttons i regularly use. i have tried unplugging to cable into all the ports with no joy. i use paste and a windows close function for keys 3 and 4, but now they won't work.

please help as this is starting to p* me off thanks

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Go to the mouse driver in device manager and roll it back to the previous one.

Or a system restore to before you ran the updates.

Like this post
stevehelp@pca

Likes # 0

System restore didn't help roll back function isn't highlighted

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not sure if the first post in this helps or not.

Click here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Any yellow exclamation marks in device manager.While in there click on View then click on show hidden devices.Expand plug and play and see if any problems in there.

Have a look here and see if anything helps.You need to choose which version of Windows that you use.

Click Here

Only other thing I can think of is to remove the driver and either use the click here driver or let Microsoft update it for you.No doubt you have already tried that but thought that I would mention it just in case.

Like this post
stevehelp@pca

Likes # 0

problem solved, i uninstalled microsoft mouse and keyboard centre then downloaded version 2.0 and that fixed it, all buttons working as normal that's the last time i install trackball updates

thanks for the help.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Glad you managed to sort it out. If you could press the grey arrow on the right of your last post it will turn green and that lets everyone know that the problem is solved and they do not have to look at it again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK