We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Yahoo has stopped saving my username and password???

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have just logged on to my yahoo mail account today, I have several from different countries as I use them in Holland, Germany, UK and Ireland. But when I started to fill in the username it would auto fill in the username after typing first character, and fill in the password (in black dot form) automatically, but now it doesnt do that at all, I have to fill in the ENTIRE username including the country prefix (.yahoo.com or .yahoo.de etc.,) and it wont fill in the password for me - the whole homepage of yahoo looks different also, so my question is: Is this a new development from Yahoo? and if so, can I alter it so that it will auto fill in my username and password - as it does currently for my hotmail and gmail accounts - I really dont like this change on yahoo, if its not possible to get hte auto fill in back in I think I will have to abandon yahoo totally and only use other email providers - Honestly all these damn changes all the time and they NEVER do anything that is an "advantage" to the user!!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

bump

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

what does that mean??

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It means that he has moved it up by posting a response - "bumped it up" - so that your thread doesn't disappear.

However I don't use Yahoo so cannot help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...