We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Live Mail won't go online

Lightman
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm using W7 Professional with Live Mail 2011. I inadvertently hit the "Work Offline" button on the toolbar which needless to say, took me off line. I have tried clicking on the button which now says "Go online" but nothing happens. If I click on "Send/Receive" a window pops up telling me that "You are currently working offline. Would you like to go online now?" - I click Yes, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Do a normal re-start and then try again.

Like this post
Lightman

Likes # 0

Done that, but no change

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Two more things to try ...

This might be caused by IE, so try a rest ... to perform a reset, open IE and go to tools -> internet options -> advanced -> 'Reset' (the button in the lower right).

If that does not work, reset your Router - to reset router ... press Reset button on router or turn off router at mains, wait 30 seconds and then turn router on again.

Like this post
Lightman

Likes # 0

Duh! I did what I suppose I should have done before starting the thread - a system restore. Everything now back where it should be and working. Thanks to all for your advice.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Fine - thanks for your feedback anyway - that would have been my next suggestion!

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 1

"If I click on "Send/Receive" a window pops up telling me that "You are currently working offline. Would you like to go online now?" - I click Yes, but nothing happens. Any ideas?"

If it happens again then there's no need to do a System Restore. Simply open Internet Explorer, click its "File" menu and untick "Work offline". With IE back online you'll find Windows Live Mail is able to do the same.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more