We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Battery Dead on Motherboard OLD PC.

Demora
Resolved

Likes # 0

HI.

I have an old Tiny PC Pentium P133 and I'll be blowed if I can find where the Battery is hidden on the motherboard. I took the fan and heatsink off, Not there. I don't have much to go on either.

Any pointers Please.

Demora

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Can you take a photo of the motherboard and post a link to the image.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You have actually named the CPU (Pentium P133) and not the PC model number so pretty difficult to find the relevant motherboard specs.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

This may seem like a daft question - but do you know what mobo batteries look like?

I just wondered if you're maybe looking for something liek an AA or AAA battery when it will be a button cell battery (typically a CR2032 I think, like http://www.batterycandles.co.uk/batteries/cr2032-battery-single?gclid=CLf6aaiLcCFa7JtAod5ykAOA).

Like this post
Demora

Likes # 0

Yes I do know what a CMOS Battery looks like. Having dealt with PCs since 1993. Just because I'm female and Blonde doesn't mean my HEAD is empty. I'm not offended BTW.

Having Built 2 of my own pcs I'm pretty sure I know 'WHAT' I'm lookingh for.

This is a very old pc and I know it works BUT I need to put a new battery in as I have the usual startup error mesesage.

Posting a picture on photo Bucket.

D

Like this post
Demora

Likes # 0

Like this post
Demora

Likes # 0

Forgot to mention that under the ribbon cables there are memory slots (x4) plus a longer slot for different memory chip. also IDE conections etc.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Got me beat looking at that image.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Demora - It is certainly an old PC so is it possible that the battery is soldered onto the motherboard as opposed to the modern coin cell type CMOS batteries?

Take a look at this link and see if there is anything that will help you. From the picture that you have supplied I can't see anything - I don't know if anyone else can? Note: the link is only relating to an old PC and not yours in particular.

enter link description here

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Demora, you should have used the Direct Link to your pic (you might want to ask FE to delete the link you posted..)

http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu249/Demora373/20130624_111339.jpg

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It could be the old ODIN monolith type, http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22000 here's pictures and stuff. Battery seems to be under a rectangle plastic casing. (I didn't read all of it)

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers