We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Blocked - Possible Virus

Barmoor's Kid Sister
Resolved

Likes # 0

My neighbour has opened his laptop and it has been blocked it states this has been done by Police and he should pay £100 to open computer - any advise please - WE ARE NOT PAYING £100

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Download the kaspersky rescue DVD or USB and run that.

Make sure you change your neighbours computer to start from DVD or USB as first boot in the Bios or it will not run..

enter link description here

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe use the DVD version as I am not sure if the USB version will run on the laptop.

Maybe someone can update you to which one is best to use.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Absolutely do not pay. This is a well known scam and nothing whatsoever to do with the Police.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Now something else to try if he has a Security program on the Desktop.

Just after signing in to the laptop you get about 2 seconds before the ransomware takes affect and you can see you windows programs for that split second.

If that happens try and click on one of the security programs if you can you may have to reboot a few times before you can get a click on it.

If you succeed the Ransomware will just show a blank screen but your security program should open in front of it.Just a matter of updating and running it.

I managed to do that last week on my sons computer. He had Malwarebytes on the desktop and I just managed to click on that and it got rid of it.

If no success with that just run the Kaspersky rescue DVD in safe mode with networking would be best or normal mode if it opens on that.You need the internet connection for Kaspersky to update itself before running.

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

That's Randsomware what force by the police and ile direct you to a video on youtube on how t remove it....

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try starting in Safe Mode with Command Prompt and restore to a previous date. Instructions ClickHere scroll down a little to Option 1, Step 1. Then step 2 is to run Malwarebytes

Option 3 is how to Download and create a bootable Kaspersky Rescue Disk CD and how to use it.

Like this post
Barmoor's Kid Sister

Likes # 0

Thank You for all your help - all clear now.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes