We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My computer turns itself off and on

Computeruser101

Likes # 0

My computer has been turning itself off and on again for a while now ever since i had two power trips next to each other i think a component is fried but is still managing to run or something along those lines. It runs fine usually but every so often it will turn off with no warning and then a few seconds later turn itself back on again. Any help would be appreciated.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Sounds like an overheating problem, turning itself off and then when cooled down a bit re-starting. When was it last cleaned out, to get rid of any dust and accumulated fluff etc?

Like this post
Computeruser101

Likes # 0

I don't really clean it never had the thought to

Like this post
Computeruser101

Likes # 0

Edit: it was kind of cleaned at christmas when i updated some of the parts

Like this post
Computeruser101

Likes # 0

It has had a good clean out now. I will update this should I encounter the same problem.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

well u better go onto you tube and look at cleaning the insd#ide of your compurer for dust etc or you may end up buying a new computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...