We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Related search on left of screen

ponytail

Likes # 0

I keep getting on section of my screen a section called related searches it is there now while I am typing this.There is also something which keeps appearing at the bottom of the screen does anyone know what these are they have only just started appearing

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

What appears at the bottom of the screen are just ads how do I stop these annoying things

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Appears to be a Google add-on ...

click here

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek but how do I stop them appearing and why have they just started

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Thanks Nontek but how do I stop them appearing and why have they just started

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

If you look through the link you will see others asking the same question - maybe the answer is there. I didn't look for it because I am not affected by it.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Apr 24, 2013 – The other week, AJ Kohn noticed that Google dropped the related searches search option from the options in the search tools.

This is from my link above!

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

I found this

http://www.mindcracker.com/Story/281/how-to-disable-google-related

But cannot see any wrench icon and do not seem to have the option screen

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

May sound crazy, but do you have the Google toolbar on show? The wrench is on the far right, next to the "Sign in". To confirm, Right Click in main (top) toolbar, and make sure Google toolbar is checked.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi john bunyan did what you suggested and right clicked on the main (top) toolbar and google toolbar does not appear

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

If you want it, see here:

Google toolbar

I have it as I use Google as my front page and my primary search engine. I also have my anti virus supplier's toolbar (Avira) which privides real time monitoring and additional anti tracking protection.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...