We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

unrecognized network error message and failure to see across network

jcwood

Likes # 0

the problem i'm trying to figure is out is why REC-PC-1 and FRONT-DESK-PC won't connect to the network after i have assigned fixed IPS. I have 2 x routers, a talktalk technicolor router for my IP phones and the 2nd is a netgear router for my network PCS and printers

If i set the DHCP to ON on both routers I can get FRONT-DESK PC online but not connected to the network. message is cable unplugged.

REC-1-PC could get online and on the network previously but now it says unrecognised network. no matter if i have both routers as DHCP ON

the technicolor router cannot be set to DHCP OFF - If i choose custom set up the router will not authenticate so i have to leave DHCP on

i've tried swapping the DSL lines, deleting all devices and setting up again on the netgear router table and having only 1 router on for phones and PCs together and there is always some connection problem or network problem

i've checked the ethernet points with different cables and sometimes its shows the connection is fine and then other days it shows unknown network. i also have a 48 port switch with a fixed IP assigned to the PCs router

192.168.0.3 FRONT-DESK-PC
192.168.0.5 REC-PC-2
192.168.0.4 REC-PC-1
192.168.0.239 48-PORT-SWITCH

FRONT-DESK-PC is running windows XP REC-PC-1 cannot access the internal network or reach internet. REC-PC-2 can reach network and internet

if i Ping the PCs i get packets sent 4, packets reached 4 , packets lost 0

any advice on how to get past the unrecognized network message and have all 3 x pcs seeing each other on the network would be really appreciated!

Thanks

Jamie

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite