We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connect my laptop to Tv

ponytail

Likes # 0

With ref to my post of June 14th titled

Watching Sport on the PC

have managed to sort it out but another question now the answer will probably be no but will ask anyway.Is it possible to connect my laptop to my television in order to watch the match on the tv

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Yes you can eaily connect a laptop to a PC, how you do it will depend on what connections your laptop and TV has, be it HDMI or VGA.

I have looked at your other post and you do not mention laptop make and model so cannot look at the spec and then suggest what cable you will need to buy. It would also be helpful to know the make/model of TV.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Cronos the 2nd I am using a ASUS K173E if that helps

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Sorry that should read K73E not K173E

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If this is your laptop K73E then you have a HDMI out put, which is good, as it carries sound as well as video signals.So provided you have a HDMI input on your TV it is relatively simple to set up,

So get yourself a HDMI cable of a length that suits and follow this video.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On my Samsung TV, to view I have to 'select Source' and choose from menu on TV, for TV, PC (vga), HDMI, etc

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

The TV is a LG26LX2R

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Your TV has HDMi port so all you nee is a Hdmi cable to connect them together

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

.. and don't believe anyone who tells you you need to spend £100 on an HDMI cable either. Anything you can pick up off eBay for 99p is almost certainly as good as what Currys or PC World will rush you £19.99 for. (And yes, you can pay £100 - or more - for an HDMI cable. See here, for example...)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I most of my cables from here,CPC, next day delivery free and a very good service all round. In fact I just bought a 7m HDMI cable,last week. I think it was around a tenner.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the advice the only problem now is there is only one HDMI socket on the TV.I have got a three way HDMI hub but already have three devises connected which are Media Player,DVD Player and Set Top Box I could always unplug one of these I suppose and I do have a spare HDMI lead

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers