We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I remove snap do when it's not listed in add/remove programs?

honda4fun

Likes # 0

I found Snap Do on my computer last night. I've read many "fixes" for it and they all say to start by uninstalling the program. It isn't listed in my Control Panel / Add Remove Programs.

I downloaded SypwareHunter as it seemed to imply that it would find the program. After installing, scanning, rebooting (all that was required), there's still no sign of it--instead it brings me to a page where they want $29.99 to fix it. I don't know about anyone else, but when a program says free and has you do all that work and then hit you up for $, I get angry and refuse to purchase their product. Same thing happened with SparkTrust.

Has anyone else run into this problem--it not showing up in the add/remove programs? I know it's on the computer as the homepage was hi-jacked and Spyware Hunter showed 28 threats all to do with this program.

Another question--there's hardly nothing on this computer--do you think a reformat will take care of this? At first, the hi-jacking didn't bother me, but the more I read, the more malicious I find this to be and I want to get rid of it. I've also heard some proggies U pay for don't work.

Any help would be appreciated...Sue

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Don't know what snap Do is but a little search found this web page Click here that may help

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

STEP 1 : Uninstall SnapDo Toolbar from your computer

Please note that on some computers these programs might have a different name. In Add/Remove Programs search for any program developed by ReSoft LTD and uninstall it from your computer.

STEP 2 : Remove the SnapDo residual damage from your browser

Next you have some things to alter in your browsers, here are screenshots of what and how to alter/remove

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-snapdo-virus/

All tools used in malwaretips.com removal guides are completely free and should remove any trace of malware from your computer.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Déjà vu :-)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, "already seen" - that's you sorted then ;-P lol

honda4fun, once you have found and uninstalled anything from ReSoft LTD that's only half the job done. You have to follow the manual steps to clean up the browsers.

And yes a reformat and reinstall of Operating System and all your programs will get of Snap do. Make sure you have all the product keys.

You may find that you can 'restore to factory fresh' from a hidden partition on HDD which is a better solution. Tell us the make and model of your pc and if it came with pre-installed OS. There is usually a Restore menu that can be accessed.

Let us know how you get on.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

edit my typo: And yes a reformat and reinstall of Operating System and all your programs will get rid of Snap do. Make sure you have all the product keys.

Like this post
glennpenne

Likes # 0

Snapdo is not adware or malware. That is why your malware and antivirus aren't picking up on it. If you go to Snapdo's Help, there is a simple explanation for uninstalling the widget. http://www.snapdoapp.com/faq/SnapDo/FAQ.aspx?lang=en

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014