We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

viewing a Phone Book entry

Yimbo

Likes # 0

Probably not exactly a Tech Helproom query - but not sure where else to post it - and I'm sure somebody knows the answer.

I've been trying now for five years past, to get TalkTalk to cause my correct details to be entered in the Phone Book and despite loads of assurances that this has been done - the entry in still not correct.

My question is, is it possible to view what will appear as my details in the Phone Book before the next edition is printed?

I'd appreciate any help!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't see how as they don't distribute a copy for proof reading as this would not be practical to do for so many. However are you referring to the BT phone book which is the only one that I know that is distributed. TalkTalk should notify BT of changes. It could be that TalkTalk has done that.

Like this post
Yimbo

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell - - TalkTalk have been telling me for five years that they have "updated" the entry in the BT Phone Book - - but it has not happened! Year on year, the same incorrect details are printed! The issue affect me professionally, otherwise I would just give up!

I appreciate your response!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If as Woolwell says you are referring to the BT phone book then it is BT you need to contact - enter link description here

If the Phone book has already been printed it can't be changed until the next issue. I had to do this about 4yrs ago as my name/number appeared when it shouldn't have. It is easy enough to do.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

No, you have to do it through TalkTalk Clickhere thephonebook.bt.com

"If you have a service provider other than BT you will need to contact your own service provider as BT is not able to make changes to this central database on behalf of other telephone service providers. "

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Of course TalkTalk may be telling you the truth that they have notified BT but BT may not have actioned it. Unfortunately your only recourse is with TalkTalk and try to get them to "talk" to BT.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia