We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Gaming PC constant crashing BSOD Windows 8

Zelnaga

Likes # 0

Hi, Ive had this PC for about a month or so now and haven't really been using it much apart from this past few weeks. Im mainly running games and I have this error that keeps cropping up. Where I get a DRIVEROVERRANSTACK_BUFFER. I notice this when im playing my games on BF3 or Borderlands 2, and its constantly giving me a blue screen.

Specs are as follows

Processor (CPU) AMD FX-8350 Eight Core CPU (4.00GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+) Motherboard ASUS® M5A99X EVO R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s,CrossFireX/SLI, Windows 8) Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT) Graphics Card 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 670 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W) 2nd Hard Disk 2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE

Currently im running Windows 8 Pro

I thought this might have been the graphics drivers, so I uninstalled the latest drivers, and tried a previous driver. Still the same problem. I uninstalled the GPU driver and did a new install of the current graphics driver. Still the same problem.

(All the drivers I got were fron Nvidia website)

I tried a new O/S install (my current was W8) to W7. Even that was still giving me the same problems, so I reverted back from W8 (thus doing two complete reinstalls) and still getting the same problems. This is becoming frustrating as the main purpose for this rig was to play games.

Ive been doing some research on this dump files but still as of yet cant seem to read it. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Kind Regards

Conway Tong

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You could try using BlueScreenView to look at the minidump files.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.html

Its usually the display driver causing the issue.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
Zelnaga

Likes # 0

Hi Ive done as instructed and posted the results below. Seems its due to bad graphics drivers? Ive already done a clean install a few times and even rolled back to the GPU drivers from a previous versions but still wielding the same results?

http://tinypic.com/r/qn3121/5

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

OK, it looks like a hardware problem but not necessarily a driver problem as you are getting diferent error messages.

Tracking it down can be a pain. As your chip does not have integrated graphics it will be difficult to discover if you have a problem with your current GPU unless you happen to have a spare?

You can also run memtest to check for errors with your RAM.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Try turning Acceleration down in Display Properties

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days