We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Upgrading Radeon HD 7350 Graphics Card

zingy12

Likes # 0

I recently bought a PC and I was wondering if i could upgrade the video card from a Radeon 7350 HD. My PC is an Acer Aspire x3475 ( http://www.acercomputer.se/ac/sv/SE/content/model/DT.SKJEQ.003 I think this is the older version though) and it has a APU A8 5500 and 8 gigs of ram. I'm not sure of the PSU yet and it is a pretty small desktop so I was looking at something like the Radeon 7750 to upgrade to as it is a small and solid video card. Anyway do you guys have any suggestions and do you think it would be possible to upgrade? Thanks!

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Just be sure that whatever GPU you choose is what is known as low profile as I see that your PC is narrow so you will be unable to fit a usual height graphics card in this case.

The 7750 is not really much of an improvement on your current GPU so it would not be a good upgrade. Compare.

Do you have a budget? What is your reason for looking at an upgrade?

Like this post
zingy12

Likes # 0

Well the reason I want to upgrade is so that I can game with a decent card, and currently I can barely run more demanding games at low. Other people tell me that the Sapphire Low Profile 7750 can run most games at medium or high if I have a good enough CPU, and that's a pretty good improvement. Another problem I just figured out is that my PSU is only 220 W and my case is to small to install I new PSU but do you think it would be possible to switch to the external power supply like this one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104054?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You will be able to fit a bigger PSU in your PC as although the wattage is only 220W there will most certainly be higher wattage PSU's to fit your case.

Can you give me the make/model number from your current PC.

It would seem a little pointless to buy an upgrade that is only minimal, yes it might well play games at medium/high,this I doubt, but what of later games, you will be back looking for a further upgrade.

By the way your link is broken. Just give the part number but as I have said it is very easy to fit a better PSU as I can assure you they do do them.

I assume that as you are looking a Newegg you are not in the UK?

Like this post
zingy12

Likes # 0

Yes I'm in Canada, and I talked to one of my friends and he is upgrading his computer and would be willing to give me his old parts to me so I can build my own. He is giving me a GTX 550 ti, as well as a 600 W power supply, and a mother board and case. I was thinking of buying an I5 processor and then putting it all together. Would that make a good gaming machine with say the i5-3570 3.4Ghz?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not the greatest gaming machine as the 550 is a mid range GPU but without a doubt it will be far better for gaming than your current set up. So good luck with the build.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Not the greatest gaming machine as the 550 is a mid range GPU but without a doubt it will be far better for gaming than your current set up. So good luck with the build.

Like this post
zingy12

Likes # 0

Thanks and at least this way I'll be getting a full sized case so it is upgradeable unlike my build now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features