We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Swapping my MacBook Pro for a desktop PC. NEED ADVICE!!

MichaelBamford

Likes # 0

Hi guys,

So like the title says, I'm looking to swap my 13' MacBook Pro for a desktop PC.

My MacBook Pro:

4GB RAM 320GB HDD 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

I listed my Mac on Gumtree last night and got a email through straight away, so here's the email.

Bought 15/3/13.

Still under warranty

AMD Bulldozer 6 core Black edition. Radeon HD7770 1gb video Hitachi 1 tb hdd sata Samsung 24x dvdrw - dual layer asus m5a78l-m m/board mushkin 8gb 1600 ddr 3 hi performance powercool psu -550w single rail fan

Illuminated Galaxy Gaming case These are all retail parts. Logitech 3d extreme PRO flightstick

LG 19" monitor(a couple of years old)

You can also have a copy of Xplane 10 - retails at about £50

Would you recommend me swap?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The Mac book will even second hand command a decent resale price. But I know nothing of Mac except that I suspect they are overpriced along with everything by Apple.

Whether the PC on offer is a decent swap, tricky one. Depends on what you want the PC for?

I personally do not think this is a good deal as it has a basic graphics card,poor PSU, small monitor.

But I would like to see the make/model of all parts before I could work out the second hand value.

But as I said it depends on what you want the PC main use will be.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I would take note of the comments on your thread on http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30227 consensus is Not a good swap.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote