We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ebay why ? are you killing uk sellers ???????

laptopjack

Likes # 0

hi hope you are good ?? why are ebay killing the uk sellers ???

ten years on ebay and all good but it going mental look at this :-

http://community.ebay.co.uk/topic/Business-Seller-Board/Switched/18000498295

can anyone here help ??? please read the feeds from ebay how can they charge for nothing !

never seen the folks go mental on ebay before ?? please remember i pay ebay £250 apx a month i feel robbed out of pocket ???

thanks ebay !!!

please reply !! thanks

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I forget when I did my first eBay transaction, but it was at least 10 years ago. It was a PC. Since then, I've done about 500 - 99.9% of them purchases. Back then, it was a very different animal. IIRC, it was almost all auctions, all private sellers. It had a real community feel to it. Like the early adopters of Google, you felt like you were part of a special club that almost no-one else knew about. So, yes, eBay has changed substantially - as indeed has Google. As wee eddie points out - both have become highly profit-oriented businesses. In some ways, eBay has got worse - but, on the other hand, I can now buy almost anything I can think of from the site (I reached a new low when I couldn't be bothered to go into town to buy shoelaces, so I had some eBay seller ship me some through the post... :-( ) I've always found eBay and PayPal very, very supportive - but then, I'm pretty much only a buyer. I wondered what was going on when PayPal started to implement the 'deferred payment' a little while back: for me, that was a step too far in favour of buyers, and a regressive step for sellers. If that's representative of what eBay are doing to sellers in an effort to build buyer confidence, then sellers have my sympathy.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It has lost it's community spirit, but absolutely nothing wrong with making a profit but as with everything else the more more these people make the more they want.

I am predominantly a buyer now as it is just not worth it to sell the odd item on Ebay, factor in all the fees and the postage it really is not worth it.

I am fortunate that another forum I use has a marketplace section where we buy and sell our unwanted computer parts. I picked up an 8 week old Evga 660 for an absolute song the other day and no fees. But cameras and even the occasional bike part appears now and then,great forum.

But getting a small packet of screws or a cheap case for a tablet that sort of thing Ebay is still king.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014