We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Flash Player - I need to download it fresh every day?

wee eddie

Likes # 0

For some reason Each day I need to re-load Flash Player.

Any one know what I am doing wrong or why this is happening?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Obviously it is not installing properly.I take it the problem is with I/E.

Is there any way you can install it but save it to the computer without running it.

Then remove the old versions completely using Revo or whatever.Ten start in safe mode without networking and try and install it from there.

Took me about 5 weeks to fix it when I had the problem but that was a few years back.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

The installation of Flash seems to survive the PC being turned off.

However BBC's iPlayer no longer recognises that it's there and shows a plain black rectangle where there should be the Play Logo. If I then re-download Flash, all is well again until the PC is, once again, turned off. Then it's back to square one.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you have another browser does it work ok on that.

Googled it and find it hard to pinpoint the fix for the problem.Not using AVG are you.

What browser are you using as it may help others find a fix for it.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Bump

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check in Internet Explorer, tools, manage add-ons that Shockwave flash object is enabled.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Yes, both 32bit and 64bit.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

This thread suggests turning User Account Control to 'off'.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

What browser are you using with it ? Have you saved the download and then tried to install it from the downloaded file without any browser being active ?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

When you have clicked and started Flash's Download, it asks you to close the Browser. When finished it says that you have successfully downloaded Flash.

I have tried Download & Save before loading. Again, all works until the PC is turned off. When the PC is rebooted, it's gone again!

However, at no point, since I deleted my original copy of Flash to update at Secunia's recommendation, has the Flash appeared in "All Programs" list under the Start Button

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Tomorrow is my day off.

I shall try in "Safe Mode"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks