We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How Can I make my website for free?

llovizna

Likes # 0

I am up to set up my own business with a low budget , I know about wix but their templates dont go with my idea and I have been trying google but to my surprise I found teh perfect template but it belongs to a company and now they say that they are the only one that can make changes to the web an also I need to make them "owners of my web. Can somebody help me please.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

What is the website for, services, products, downloads or contact information?

Like this post
llovizna

Likes # 0

Hi , Thanks Brad for your useful information I am just reading about wordpress

My website will offer services from another companies. Do you have any suggestions? thanks for your help

Like this post
markspend01

Likes # 0

Hey Guys well i think that there are much places through which you can easily make the website for free like blogspot,weebly etc.Thanks!!

Like this post
MartelloSystems

Likes # 0

Hi I have just been through creation and setting up of a web site on the cheap! In the last 6 months i have taught myself WordPress (it was not as daunting as I thought), and the site now resides near the top of Google search for my search terms. I used the free theme "Responsive" and the support for a newbie was terrific. The site cost me nothing, nada, zilch!! and the only bill was for the hosting although if you are really skint and go with WordPress you can find free hosting with wordpress.com. My site is NOT a blog but consists of four static pages advertising me!

1]: [click here 2]: [click here

Like this post
elsalvador

Likes # 0

Wordpress would be my initial response, although there are various options out there. For usability (if you don't create or design many websites), Wordpress is by far the best option.

Like this post
elsalvador

Likes # 0

Following that comment, I would also recommend Moonfruit. I helped a friend build their site with them.. It takes a little getting used to but all-in-all was easy and turned out looking lovely!

Like this post
ethelbert

Likes # 0

Do you have ant HTML skill? You haven't said. You can get freely a download of the excellent Microsoft Expression Web4

You could then find loads of help on the many websites of Pat Geary

Don't be put off by the genealogy part - Pat has business websites too, and will also work with you.

genealogy-computer-tips

http://www.genealogy-computer-tips.com/ http://www.expression-web-tutorials.com/ There is also a Mailing List/Online forum for Expression Web run by Yahoo. Hope this helps.

Like this post
Mollywhite

Likes # 0

You can use WordPress for website design. It is a nice and totally free platform for designing websites with ease. You can choose a Free responsive WordPress Theme for website design.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days