We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Computer Bluescreen every 30-45 minutes!

Connor1994
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have been having some issues with my computer. As of Sunday, it started to blue screen every 30-45 minutes, which is very frustrating. I tried doing a PC rollback before this date, and I was still having this issue.

I run Windows 7 x64, on a 120GB SSD, with a 500GB secondary SATA hard drive. I reformatted the whole computer today, formatting both drives, and reinstalling the drivers for my motherboard, graphics card and sound card, and about 20 minutes later it crashed again.

These blue screens happen about one minute before my computer freezes, recovers for about 5 seconds then I get the blue screen.

I also ran a Windows Memory Diagnostic and no errors were found.

I can't locate any crash reports, as I don't have the Minidump folder in C:/Windows.

Cheers, Connor

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

Try an independent memory checker , something like memtest ( can be burnt to a bootable dvd ) and let it run for as long as it takes , it does sound like a memory problem .

Maybe before doing this you could take out one stick of memory , run the pc to see if it gives you a bsod , if it does put the first one back and take out the other ( assuming you have more than one ) until you find which one is at fault .

Ashley
Like this post
Connor1994

Likes # 0

Cheers for the reply Ashrich!

I was waiting for the computer to BSOD again before I tried anything as I set up a minidump folder, however that still didn't work.

I managed to take a photo of the bluescreen and recovered this information:

Technical Information:

* STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800EAEC060, 0xFFFFFA800EAEC340, 0xFFFFF80002D7A240)

Wondering if this will help anyone to understand the problem better. I will try to run memtest now.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

This fault has been reported as a problem due to low output from the CMOS battery worth changing the battery for the low cost of a new one.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Or maybe download this.

Click here

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Go with Jock1e suggestion and the next time you bluescreen can you post the error statement, which will look something like CRITICALOBJECTTERMINATION,probably not those words but it will give a better clue as to the cause, though replacing the CMOS battery as mentioned by Fruit Bat will not hurt.

Like this post  
Connor1994

Likes # 0

Thanks for all the replies.

I'm not sure if what Jock1e posted will work, however, as I do not have a Minidump folder in C:/Windows.

Here is a photo I took of the blue screen that comes up.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/5397/c5v.jpg

I have replaced the CMOS battery, and I still am blue screening. My RAM setup is 2x 8GB. I took one out at a time, and both times I still blue screen crashed, so it can't be that (unless both are faulty?) :/

I hope my SSD or Processor aren't fried!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Can we have a more detailed component list. Make and model ETC of motherboard, RAM, SSD and GPU along with power supply.

BLuescreen view will provide all the information we want but you might need to change a couple of settings. Nirsoft scroll down to system requirements to change the Windows setting in regards to creating a Minidump file.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

My RAM setup is 2x 8GB. I took one out at a time, and both times I still blue screen crashed, so it can't be that (unless both are faulty?) :/

Just to add what others are saying - faulty RAM - unlikely that both should be faulty but not impossible. I added new RAM last year and started Blue Screening not long after. I didn't suspect the new RAM at first and MemTest showed nothing. I just found out by process of elimination of the 4 sticks. In the end it turned out to be the New RAM and it was replaced by Corsair.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days