We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Logging out in Amazon..

TonyV
Resolved

Likes # 0

Simple question! How does one log out of their account in amazon.co.uk?

I know how to do it, but it will never allow me to log out.

In the Your Account page, I hover over the Your Account button and the facility to log out is there but as soon as I move over the drop down menu, it vanishes. How can I make the thing stay open so that I can click the last line "Not A" and log out?

This is on an iMAC with Mountain Lion 10.8.4 and Safari 6.0.5.

Thanks

TonyV

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I am sure you automatically get logged out once you have finished your transaction.

I have to sign in every time even though it remembers my password and username.

I may be wrong though.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I also have to sign in after my previous session, without manually having to sign-out.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The sign out should work though. It does using Safari on a PC. I don't understand why it shouldn't work on a Mac.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I have never been able to find a way of login-out from the Amazon site, and always assumed this was done automatically.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

When signed in you should be able to sign out from Amazon by using the drop down arrow next to your account and choosing the bottom option "Sign out".

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

TonyV - Do the other drop down options under basket and wish list work?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As it's done with cookies, and I have Firefox set to delete cookies when I close browser, that's me logged out when my cookies get deleted. Upon restarting Firefox and going to Amazon, site doesn't know me and I have to log in again.

(I have a few exceptions for cookies listed that I want Firefox to keep - PCAdvisor forum for instance so that I'm still logged in whenever I come here)

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Thanks fellas for your responses.

I have to sign in each time, but like to make sure that when I have finished I can sign out. It seems to me that the buttons available in the My Account page do not work in the drop down elements. I can't use any of the drop down elements in My Account button, but if I click on the Basket I get an empty basket message. If I click on the Wish List button up comes the means of creating a wish list.

As a matter of interest when I get to My Account page and click the Help button, a window comes up and on the top RHS under tool bars etc is my Name and a sign out facility!! That works, so I think the drop downs are really a waste of time and are doing nothing.

The answer is click the help button in My Account page and then click on the Sign Out link.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

It's there in Firefox as well "My Account page and click the Help button, a window comes up and on the top RHS under tool bars etc is my Name and a sign out facility"

Thanks for that :)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I do the following - On the Account Homepage you will see Hello(your name)- Sign-In - Your Account with a drop down arrow. To sign out click on the down arrow and choose option at bottom of list - Not(your name)? Sign Out

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...