We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook Express behaving very strangely

Grandad99

Likes # 0

I have 4 contact lists covering club members. Each has between 80 and 89 addresses. I have used them for several years, addressing a message to myself and putting the contact list name on the BCC line and this has always worked - until tonight.

The first 2 message were transmitted OK but the next 2 failed for 2 reasons - too many names and my own address not recognised

A subsequent unrelated message to one different person got the same refusal, addressee not recognised and too many names!!

What is happening and how can I cure it?

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

On the "too many names" front, it could be that your ISP is placing restrictions as it is seeing your activity as being potential spam (i.e. several emails to a largish number of addressees in quick succession). If you try it again after a fair interval (e.g. a few hours), it may work.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

blueyonder is now virginmedia, I found this: community.virginmedia.com (blueyonder)

scroll down to post from AndyT11 on 10-02-2011 14:14

Re: Too many emails within time period Please try later Options

quote/"I have spoken to VirginMedia support today and the answer from 2nd line support is that:

Blueyonder email users are limited to 50 recipients per email, 500 recipients per day and there is no rate limit in place (ie number of emails that can be sent per min or per hour).

When I queried the stated Sending limits of 100 recipients per email on the website, the answer came as "this is for VirginMedia emails, not Blueyonder"."/end quote, but

there is more info on link I posted

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Well duh, I forgot the link, here it is ClickHere

Like this post
Grandad99

Likes # 0

Thanks both. Still not working this morning so I deleted and reinstalled the mail settings - blueyonder - and it all works OK now.

The forum discussion is interesting, it was almost 2 years ago and I wonder if the problems have now been sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...