We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

'Unspecified' folder in windows 7 and 8 libraries?

theDarkness
Resolved

Likes # 0

Ive just noticed that Libraries/Music has a folder entitled 'Unspecified' and is showing all pictures and videos on 7 and 8. Is this related to indexing or network, and should it be left alone, undeleted? 7 is on the family laptop, 8 desktop. Thanks.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You are viewing in the music library in album view instead of folder view and W7 puts all of the music that it cannot put in an album in unspecified. Reverting to folder view will remove the folder. Do not delete.

Like this post  
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I thought it might be listing everything non-audio into an 'unrelated' folder too, but I was certain that it was showing misc files such as family photos (located in 'my pictures') in this unspecified music folder, which led me to question it more. Im either mistaken, on not enough-too much caffeine, or its a genuine bug..?.. who knows. Its only showing the non audio files from music now anyway, and have changed the view mode back. Thanks anyway!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do