We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Search Bar at top of Internet Explorer

amyjen7

Likes # 0

Since my son in law used my Pc the information and search bar at the top of Internet explorer 9 has shrunk leaving limited space to type in, what I want to search and my spell check has vanished despite being enabled. How do I restore it to a workable size? Help would be appreated. Thank you

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I suppose you could go to internet options.advanced ,And click on reset but you may loose all of your favorites that way.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Go up to the top of IE right click then click on Lock the Toolbars so that there is no tick alongside it.

Then go to the right of the word Search which is on the right of the Address bar and when the cursor turns into a right and left arrow drag the Address bar to the right. Remember to put a tick back beside lock the toolbars.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

If the changes were made very recently, then perhaps a windows system restore back to a day or so before this happened may be the simplest option

Cheers HC

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Move your Mouse Pointer to the Right-hand end of the bar > Left Click and a Double Headed Horizontal Arrow will display, when you're on the end of the box > Dragging it to the right will increase the length of the box > release Left Button > Job done

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features