We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 backups not working

Splodge

Likes # 0

I have had Windows 7 for some years but, now, for some reason, I cannot make a backup to an external drive. A message says check RSS and some other location but I am at a complete loss. I have formatted 2 different external drives and neither will allow the backup to proceed despite there being plenty of room.

I had no trouble in the past, and I can still copy across documents and file but not a recovery file.

Can anyone please help!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Check in SERVICES to see that Volume Shadow Copy and Windows Backup are both running or set to run - or select RESTART

Like this post
Splodge

Likes # 0

Spot on and thank you northumbria61!

I checked, I adjusted and WHOOPEE I backed up in full for the first time in yonks!!

If you were a 6 feet dazzling blonde in her 20's I would kiss you!

In any case I am very impressed and ... not obvious because no one else had the knowhow to reply!

Good Job!

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback - How did you know I am not a 6 feet dazzling blonde in her 20's? I'm not, but it's not my fault I was born a male!! Now concentrate on those backups and stop daydreaming.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...